Monday, December 28, 2009

Dance of butterflies in music theme.

Several years ago I made this for a neighbors daughter for her graduation. She is now in university and heading in the direction of a Pediatrician. Her mother tells me she is still enjoying the tray. I gave this to her as I knew she played piano and was very musical. Sheet music was from a Etude music magazine dated 1902. I tried to include the date on the tray for nostalgia sake. As with most of my trays I did a glass overlay to protect the rather tactile pieces such as a vintage butterfly brooch in bottom right. The butterfly from Irish linen in upper right corner was from one of my shopping trips. When I did this I really didn't know what a collage of sorts was. Little did I know where all this would end up heh! CLICK ON PICTURE TO SEE THE DETAILS. Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. This is very cool, Sandra--hope you had a great Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely; what a great present!
    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your trays are beautiful, love your designs. are your trays new or recycled ones? If new where do you purchase them?
    Gale in SC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gale, thankyou for your kind comment. I purchased a whole case of these that had a xmas design on them . I then sanded it off and painted it with a primer and started to build up my design from there. Any used tray would also work if you don't mind the prep work. Oh it's great fun and I still have 4 left to do. Sandra

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO LEAVE A COMMENT OR QUESTION!